Assessment enhances educational outcomes, both formative and summative assessment are integral to the learning process. Formative information is valuable from the aspect that it allows me to adjust my teaching, to determine what kind of feedback is needed to improve performance. Summative assessment helps to evaluate pupil learning at the end of a scheme, it gives students an overall statement on the level of their achievement.
In teaching I believe it is important to make learning outcomes transparent, which includes sharing assessment criteria with students, to enable them to achieve their full potential.
From my experience assessment helps students, maintain motivation and positive attitudes towards learning.
Title of Scheme:
Textiles – Investigating linear structures of the school building through the manner of drawing with pins and thread.
|No. of Lessons: 15
Time: 7 ½ hours – (2 single and 1 double over 5 weeks)
|Group: First Year
No. of Pupils: 20
- Create a concentrated observational drawing that explores the linear structures of the school building
- Develop skills for textiles that includes design and planning and involves using pins and thread to draw and create lines
- Complete a well made drawing with pins and thread that displays close observation of the surrounding building, strong composition and includes rich details of the architectural aspects.
|Overall Learning Outcomes for the Scheme:
- Examine the work of Debbie Smyth a contemporary textile artist
- Demonstrate awareness of the shapes and structure and details of the school building in a accurate observational drawing
- Apply design skills in planning out sections, scale and accurate translation of the visual information
- Applies various stages of design in preparation for drawing on material such as creating an observational drawing and tracing which show precision and care
- Examine the school building with a view to capture a visually interesting perspective for the textile work
- Complete a well-designed drawing with pins and thread that describes the architecture of the school in rich detail.
- Increased ability to conduct field work
Please click here to view an evaluation of the textile work
Please click here to view the assessment rubric for this scheme