Please click on the images to enlarge.
|Title of Scheme:
Textiles –Investigating linear structures of the school building through the manner of drawing with pins and thread.
|No. of Lessons: 15
Total Time: 7 ½ hours – (2 single and 1 double over 5 weeks)
|Group: First Year
No. of Pupils: 20
- Create a concentrated observational drawing that explores the linear structures of the school building
- Develop skills for textiles that includes design and planning and involves using pins and thread to draw and create lines
- Complete a well made drawing with pins and thread that displays close observation of the surrounding building, strong composition and includes rich details of the architectural aspects.
|Overall Learning Outcomes for the Scheme:
- Examine the work of Debbie Smyth a contemporary textile artist
- Demonstrate awareness of the shapes and structure and details of the school building in a accurate observational drawing
- Apply design skills in planning out sections, scale and accurate translation of the visual information
- Applies various stages of design in preparation for drawing on material such as creating an observational drawing and tracing which show precision and care
- Examine the school building with a view to capture a visually interesting perspective for the textile work
- Complete a well-designed drawing with pins and thread that describes the architecture of the school in rich detail.
- Increased ability to conduct field work
Please click here to view the full textile scheme